Australian Government Building & Construction OHS Accreditation
We are proud to announce that we have become one of a small number of builders accredited under the Australian Government Building and Construction OHS Accreditation Scheme. Only builders who are accredited under the Scheme can enter into contracts for building work that is funded directly or indirectly by the Australian Government.
To become accredited, UMS was required to undergo a stringent audit by the Federal Safety Commission and demonstrate compliance with the Scheme criteria. This included evidence of an OHS Management System, demonstrated ability to manage construction hazards and high risk activities and an acceptable record in relation to workplace safety.
Our accreditation gives our customers and our organisation confidence that our OHS Management System is working efficiently and meets Australian standards of excellence.
Customer benefits that flow from UMS’ accreditation to the Scheme are:
- Procuring from a company that has taken Safety culture to the next level thereby reducing risk of workplace accidents;
- Procuring from a company whose safety systems are jointly accredited by this Scheme and also to AS/NZS 4801, again demonstrating our desire to take a lead in workplace safety culture;
- The ability to engage with us on federally funded projects or maintenance packages over $3m in line with government guidelines.
We are committed to responsible management practices and a workplace free from incident and injury.
Occupational Health & Safety Management
Our commitment to employee, customer and Community Safety is demonstrated by our comprehensive WH&S management systems that form part of our integrated management system.
Since 2005 UMS has been accredited to AS/NZS 4801 which demonstrates to various stakeholders, including customers that the UMS WH&S Management System conforms to a number of audit criteria. It also strongly complements the quality system accreditation, ISO 9001 and the environmental accreditation ISO 14001.
- Workplace Inspection
- Job Safety Analysis
- Statistical Reporting
- Management Systems
- Monthly toolbox meetings
- Material Safety Data Sheets information
- WH&S Management Reporting
- Internal Company WH&S Audits
- WH&S and QA Standard Operating Services
- Environmental Reporting
- WH&S Training
- WH&S Guidance Materials
- Researching WH&S: Legislation, regulations & Codes of Practice