Safety, Environment and Quality Policy
Urban Maintenance Systems is committed to protecting the health and safety of all workers, the environment we operate in and to the delivery of quality service to our customers.
By means of their actions, our leadership team, managers and workers, consistently provide a visible and pro-active commitment to safety, environment and quality, so as to sustain a culture where these are core values that cannot be compromised.
Our objective is Zero Harm to:
- Our people and those we interact with;
- Our environment and to the communities in which we operate;
- The quality of our service delivery and to our partnerships;
- Our financial sustainability and our business plan.
- Implementing risk and hazard management systems which are relevant and suitable;
- Establishing and monitoring clear goals and targets;
- Ensuring workers are competent to carry out their work in a safe, environmentally friendly and skilful manner;
- Maintenance of plant and equipment to minimise risk;
- Effective two-way communication actively pursuing and supporting the involvement and motivation of workers in the development, execution and review of safety, environment and quality initiatives;
- Complying with all relevant work health, safety and environment legislation;
- Actively responding to and investigating all incidents, non-conformances and customer concerns, ensuring corrective and preventative actions are taken to prevent re-occurrence;
- Assisting injured workers to remain at work and return to full and productive employment as quickly and safely as possible, following a work related injury;
- Communicating this policy to all workers and making it available to interested parties.
Urban Maintenance Systems will implement and maintain systems, inclusive of resources, standards, policies, procedures and infrastructure to deliver its commitments. Regular monitoring and review will be carried out at all levels to ensure integrity and effectiveness of our systems to facilitate continuous improvement aimed at elimination of work related injury, environmental impact, prevention of pollution and delivery of quality service.